Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Story of My Miu Miu

Since Lilsnooze was on the topic of Miu Miu, I was reminded of mine. The one that I had gotten last year in Florence. The one that you see in these pictures here - I no longer own it.



These were taken a few months back. Before I could post them up here, I found that the metallic joints of the bag had started to rust. It was most unbelievable, given that I only got to carry it for like, twice?!

Took it back to the boutique here, and they sent it over to HK for checking. After more than a month, they called to say that the parts cannot be replaced and would like me to pick another same model back as replacement. "Old" bag exchange for a brand new one, not that bad right?

But I hesitated for the longest time, simply because I had loved the chocolate brown colour so much, and they don't carry that colour anymore. The current colours of the S/S season were that of pastels, pretty and soothing, but I much prefer my strong chocolate brown.

So I asked if I could hold till later when the darker colours of the F/W season are available, perhaps I could pick my choice then? No, they said cannot. They said in fact, I was supposed to pick and replace as quickly as possible within the week. I was quite upset - I paid good money for the bag, for a colour that I loved. And now I'm supposed to settle for a colour that I'm not crazy about??

Changing to another model was possible, but I had to produce the receipt (which I had already discarded) or my credit card statement from almost 6 months back. It was so inconvenient. Why couldn't they just call their own people in Florence to check the price then, and determine the difference that I would have to top up if I wanted another bag?? It's not as if the bag was a fake!

Anyway, I love the shape of this bag too much, I decided that I was going to have the same model back. So I tried to settle for the soft grey, although a tiny voice in my head said the colour wouldn't be lasting, and that it wouldn't be evergreen enough for my liking.

Fortunately, the last piece they had was stained slightly. Till now, they haven't called me to say if they got another new piece, so I'm buying as much time as possible. Just noticed that the pre-fall colours of black and red are out! This could possibly be the red that Lilsnooze was referring to. Both are very desirable. Well, we shall see..... I'm still sad that the dark brown is no longer available, that I'm only left with these pictures to serve as memory.

Nonetheless, despite the less than pleasant experience, I STILL HEART MIU MIU!!! Heh.

Meanwhile, tomorrow's finally the day of the soft launch. An event that I had worked my arse off for the last few months, the cause of my sleepless nights.

Hopefully, this would be my lucky dress, that the event would go on as smoothly as possible, and most importantly, I get my art bidders to raise a respectable sum for the beneficiary. THAT would be the most stressful moment, ARGH, STRESS!!!!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm quite horrified about the service you are getting from Miu Miu! But if you manage to get what you want in the end then so be it :)

All the best for the launch! You look lovely in that dress!

Little Miss Snooze said...

If u can still blog the night before event, means all is good and settled!:)

All the best tonight!:)

So you saw the red IRL!?

Anonymous said...

wah! Mama li si chio eh! Woot!

bbl

Pebbles said...

Wah! Your dress is so pretty!! Good luck for your event and may they contribute lotsa $$ - afterall, its for a good cause! Why Miu Miu so kork wan? Sometimes ah, must bang table throw chair to show 'power' leh..Good thing, the newer colors are out..I've also set my eye on one..its not good..made 2 extravegent purchases in like 2 mths..

syun said...

i'm sure your event will be great la!

Anonymous said...

I lurrve your dress and that chocolate brown of the bag. It's really a colour for keeps. BTW, I'm surprised by your bad service experience with Miumiu because I had it rather good. My gf had helped me buy a bag but I only managed to get it from her like a month later. I thought I did not like the gunmetal grey and wanted to switch. The staff was ok with me to change colour or even change the model! Anyway, hope for the best.

Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous, as always :) Love the off-shoulder look!

~tif;fany* said...

the choc brown's fab! pity they dont have the parts anymore.

sehsy dress oh!

Anonymous said...

i love your off shoulder dress too! u look good in it! :)

candice said...

mm, that's not very nice of Miu Miu lor..consumers pay so much not only for the brand and the bag but also the service that should come along with the name!

you look great in that dress! not easy to find off-shoulder dresses that doesn't look too "over".

Anonymous said...

i can understand the heartache. heheh. it sounds like the black or the red is meant to be yours!

loving the understated elegance of your dress.

Anonymous said...

all the best for the launch!! u look fab in the dress, babe! :)

=eLaiNe= said...

u look good in the dress and i think it was your lucky dress as your latest post mentioned it all! i love the dark brown Miu Miu bag that you once had, the colour is so strong and like so full with character. too bad...dun worry, maybe you will make it for the new red / black!

mummybean said...

the chocolate brown really is very nice - can see why you are sad to lose it. hope you manage to the the fall colours that you like!