Tuesday, April 01, 2008

The Supermodel

One of the guests invited by STB to attend this year's Fashion Festival is staying with us. There was supposed to be a series of interviews lined up for this guy, and we were involved in arranging the venue.

I didn't think too much about who the guy was, given that such arrangements are pretty standard.

No, I wasn't really excited about who he was, till I saw his picture and write-up in yesterday's Straits Times Life! section. I knew it was some famous supermodel to be interviewed, but I didn't think he would look like this:


I know. "HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW WHO HE IS??!" you may ask.

But to me, I only remember the Claudia Schiffers and Heidi Klums. Name the female models I can, they are afterall, the higher profiled ones in the modelling industry. Thus, male models all kinda look the same to me, despite this guy's many years in the industry.

Anyway, cut the long story short, I straight away personally went up to "oversee" the interview.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

you went to 'oversee' the interview in the end?? how come never tell us? so is he really that good looking in real life? haha

- 'chloe'

Little Miss Snooze said...

U R SO LUCKY BABE!!!!!!!!!

ShutterBug said...

Wahaha... I wld love to photograph Scarlett Johansson in person :p

Jemej said...

'chloe' > not secretly ok! Just that daisy called to say some problem so I went up for quick look. Said hi and that was it! He quite ok lar, was wearing a cap and his shirt was on, so I can't really tell. Haha

Lilsnooze > I dropped jem an email with the link to this entry and said 'fyi, thought you should know' haha

Shutterbug > oh she's beautiful!
Ps: I'm replying to this from taka on ronberry! Heh heh

Pebbles said...

He's one 'hellava' hot sial!

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhh! perks of the job!!!!!!!!! *i lust*

Anonymous said...

and u din take a pic with my marcus? or ask him to autograph, My dearest r@e, with love, Marcus? *tsk tsk*

No lup no lup!
-bbl

Candice said...

erm, i also dunno who this is. i only know heidi klum, linda evangelista, etc from that era. funny how we only remember female models.

karma chameleon said...

Too bad his shirt was on during the interview! But I'm sure he was still good eye candy for the day!

mummybean said...

hahaha... you do get interesting perks with your job! no pic/autograph? :D

Anonymous said...

wah... I like! If he shakes my hand, i won't wash it for weeks.

syun said...

*drools*

Anonymous said...

heard he's old now. heh.
but i think he's still good looking lah.
my client even wants to go and offer to oil his body for him before the shows. hahahaa...

Anonymous said...

oops, I also dunno who he is! =P
But you know what, when I read the first part of your post, I actually thought he was going to stay at your house!! haha =)

Jemej said...

pebbles, karma chameleon > Like I said, he had his cap and shirt on, so I couldn't really tell. But at least he was human enough still, haha.

imp > makes the job this little more exciting! ;)

bbl, beanbean > Nope, didn't take. I SHY!!! Hahahaha =p

candice > yay! At least i know I'm not the only one who thinks this way!

muffin girl > wah that's serious, haha!

lingz > absolutely!

cosmic-cow > ha, couldn't really tell cos he had his cap and shirt on. And he wasn't feeling too well too. Oooh, does your client need another pair of hands?

corsage > Haha, i didn't know too! That's right, that was what one of my friends thought, when he first read my blog, thinking that this guy was staying at my place! Well, i do have a spare room.... ;)