Monday, May 12, 2008

And There's More...

In addition to the lure of online shopping, I found another source of retail therapy over the weekend - PEOPLE'S PARK COMPLEX!

Yes, thanks to r@e, I braved the heat of this non-air-conditioned complex (of a million shops), overcame my claustrophobia of crammy changing rooms, bashed through the jungles of clothes all hung tightly together (forget about stylish, upmarket window display here)..... and emerged a Chong Kee fan. Uh, yes, that's the name of the shop.

The clothes here are an amazing lot, almost every piece a familiar replica of those from Zara, GG5, Southhaven etc etc etc. I was so thrilled to find a few tops that cost only an average of 30 bucks each, yet good quality and chic enough for work. You can tell I'm so determined to break away from the monotony of matching the standard shirt/cami with suits!






The bad news is, although I don't know if the above is good news to the hubs, I AM FAST RUNNING OUT OF WARDROBE SPACE. I thought I bought hundreds of hangars from Ikea, enough to last a lifetime, when we first moved in a couple of years back. But tonight, I realised that there are no more hangars left. Now, is there an emergency here?!

And some of my clothes have just started to invade The Boy's wardrobe space.....

14 comments:

~tif;fany* said...

nice wor!!

i think chinatown is a treasure cove!! :)

ShutterBug said...

ha! U guys were there over the weekend? We were near there too! We went to Nibbles.com.sg! :p

Anonymous said...

u can consider kicking the boy out of the house! imagine all the empty space from the empty guitar slots.....
if you do, there's room for rent at the mudhouse....
we can talk payment in xbox playing time

Pebbles said...

You can get acessories there too! There is even a shop where you can get the guy to make the necklace, ring, chain and whatever for you..only set-back is place can be quite warm..Was thinking of gog over the weekend..but the weather was soooo cool that I decided to 'nua' @ home...

Little Miss Snooze said...

Huh huh, me and colleagues walk there during lunch! :)

syun said...

haha.. a crisis indeed. NO HANGERS??? then how???!!

Anonymous said...

Ooh the tops are lovely! Where is this haven?!!

Yes I find you can never have enough closet space. Ours is always near bursting!!

Anonymous said...

that place has been a bustling with many ladies for many years..I used to work there before. Many clothes were imported in from HK (mostly) or Taiwan. after the upgrade..the "air" is better there I think..:P

oh and good luck Jem!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Haha chill mama... My wardrobe is gonna collapse one day with the weight too. And yeah, I'm forever buying new hangers, if it makes you feel better.

Now that you know the marvels of Chinatown, there's more money to spare for another exobitantly priced bag! Hiaks.

lup,
BBL

Candice said...

i know what you mean about no wardrobe space. in my situation, keat is a tough competitor! he's invading my space sooner than i can invade his. grr!

karma chameleon said...

Next time I'm back in SG I will ask you where this shop in Chinatown is!

Anonymous said...

oh wow, those are great buys! looks like I must check out people's park v.v.v. soon! :)

Unknown said...

Wow! those tops are lovely. Must bring suaku me there one day!

Jemej said...

tiffany > yes it is! although a bit hot, haha :p

shutterbug > my gosh, you actually tried that? isn't it like a little freaky to have fish nibbling at you??!

mudgod > well, you can have our under-utilised xbox then!

pebbles > sounds like there's a lot more to discover! :)

lilsnooze > and you can get cheaper toiletries lor!

lingz > ok, some clothes went into the washing, so there's a few more to tide us over for now. but at the rate that i'm buying clothes....

olimomok > i don't wanna get to the bursting wardrobe stage, makes all the clothes crinkly!

this shop is called chong kee, on the 3rd level of people's park, above the wet market on 1st floor, and textiles on 2nd. check it out! :)

silver-crv > haha, where there is shopping, there are plenty of ladies!

BBL > no bb, clothes and bags are mutually exclusive. clothes are clothes, nice bag is nice bag. And shoes are shoes.

candice > wah really? hahaha! his abercrombie shirt that day with the runaway moose was nice, so we should have been able to tell that he does have a good collection of clothes too!

karma chameleon > yeah, let me know, give me a buzz! :)

blushinbride > i can't wait to go there again, heh!

sharon > sure sure, give me a call! :)